Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Funny boy and presidents

I know I have mentioned Miles' obsession/fascination with presidents before. A few nights ago, Miles awakened me around 3:00AM crying because he had a nightmare. I told him to crawl in my bed and tell me about it. So...here is this five year old sobbing boy telling me "Martin Van Buren-he was the 8th president-fell out of his wheelchair and George Washington helped him up". And that is all of his nightmare. I replied, "that doesn't seem like such a scary dream" and he continued to sob "it was so scary when he was falling". So..I decided to approach the nightmare with how nice it was for George Washington to help him up.
Needless to say, I was awake the rest of the night due to my recurring insomnia issues.
The next day I find Miles reenacting the nightmarish scene with his new favorite toys:


Yep, these are George Washington and Martin Van Buren figurines. Cool-huh? We have the set of Presidents from Washington to Eisenhower. Mamie Eisenhower was the only female to make the cut. If I were Martha Washington or Mary Todd Lincoln, I'd be a bit mad.

Isn't this set of presidents every 5 year old's dream toy? I'm thinking I'll be voting for my son on the democratic ballot for president in about 35 years.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stacy! I just saw your post on my blog. Thanks for it! Yeah it was overwhelming to say the least and I felt like I had no support... it was basically "here's all she's allergic to and here's what you can't eat". Any suggestions on cheese? I've really been struggling with that. Any other suggestions on good finger foods/snacks?

    ReplyDelete