Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Funny Girl

A few week ago at church I was talking with a group of friends and one of them mentioned her nephew goes to the same school as my children. It turns out that the nephew, Owen, is in Marleigh's third grade class at school. Apparently this week one of my church friends ran into Owen and his dad.

My church friend asked Owen if he knew Marleigh and he said "yeah". Owen's dad said "Yes, she's the little blonde girl who had her head on your shoulder during the movie?" Owen replied "yeah". Owen's dad said "the one from Australia?". Owen replied "yeah". My friend said with a laugh "no. no. Marleigh's family is from south Arkansas." Owen's dad said "no this Marleigh is from Australia".

At this point in the re-telling of the story, I summoned Marleigh to our dinner table and asked her "Have you been speaking in an accent at school?" And she replied "why yes, yes I have (in her best Australian accent)".

Funny, funny girl with a convincing accent...maybe I should steer her toward acting?

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, I just had to make a comment to you on the comment you made on "Big Mama"'s blog about Bryce's Cafeteria. You must have lived in Texarkana or nearby growing up! I am from De Queen originally and started eating at Bryce's as a baby and we still eat there if we are down that way. I live in N. Ark. Bryce's has always been consistently good and I always loved they had fresh flowers there everyday! Of course, I grew up eating at the location downtown most of my life but now at their "new" location near the mall!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete