Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Most Grateful





Since I have titled this blog "searching for the grateful", I think I should focus daily on things I am grateful for in my life. I am most grateful for the kiddos in this pic.


A few things about my eight year old, Marleigh Quinn:
  • She loves playing sports: tennis, softball, soccer. She starts her first season of basketball today and I am excited to watch her athletic skills grow. (my athletic skills never grew..actually I never had any athletic skills to begin with).
  • She starts taking piano lessons tomorrow and I am excited to see how she enjoys it. She loves music and is in two choirs. For Christmas, she got a karaoke machine and will spend hours rocking out to music from "Grease".
  • She is also in Cheerleading this year at her school. They haven't cheered at any games of any sort, but they practice chants and cheers weekly. She loves this activity.
  • She really would also like to take dance- but I have had to say no based on our busy schedule.
  • She loves our church and keeps me motivated to go every Sunday and Wednesday.
  • She is a great big sister who needs the occasional reminder to be nice to her younger brother- but for the most part, they get along wonderfully!
A few things about my five year old, Miles Kenyon:
  • He plays soccer but hasn't shown a huge interest in sports. Although he is beginning to love our Razorbacks!
  • He does not require much sleep and loves to wake up by 5:30-6 every single morning.
  • He reads above a 2nd grade level.
  • He is obsessed with presidents and can name every president in order. He also knows their middle names, vice presidents, and political party (including the Whigs and Federalists). It blows my mind.
  • He says he will be president some day.
  • He is the smartest and funniest five year old boy I have ever met.


Anyhoo, these two are the reasons I get up every morning!






And on days like today, I am also grateful for things such as these:









Fun rain boots can really make a day seem brighter, I think. It' s not raining yet, but I hope it does so I don't feel goofy for wearing these boots to work!







No comments:

Post a Comment